3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I travelled a lot within India, but outside just Malaysia and Indonesia.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
No date in particular, but time slots. The first half of the year for leaving school and embarking on my Amazing Holiday and coming home to a fabulous summer. The second half, for getting into the college of my choice and moving to Delhi and living on my own.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hm. Maybe selfishness? Yeah. Selfishness.
Nothing apart from the usual falling into a ditch.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Daddy, for switching to bidis instead of smoking cigarettes though I’m not sure whether this is because of a vague attempt to be semi health conscious or because he’s cheap. My brother, for doing so well at work even though he loathes his job. Mama, for being the strongest, most selfless person I know.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cigarettes. Alcohol. Autos.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Can’t think of one offhand. Oh alright, I can. But I don’t want to tell you.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Smoking, biting fingernails, cutting off hair.
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas is over. I saw it in with drunken friends (after the obligatory carol singing and mulled wine with family) and then I spent the day with family and more wine and Articulate and turkey and mince pies and basically the way Christmas should be spent.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Gossip Girl and no, I’m not ashamed.
26. What was the best book you read?
Quite a few, but Seth’s An Equal Music, Cartography (thanks Naomi), Divakaruni’s Palace of Illusions and Lessing’s The Golden Notebook spring to mind.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered my voice is really as bad as everyone always said it was, and that I’m a good piano teacher.
28. What did you want and get?
I think I got almost everything I wanted.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Going by films I’ve SEEN this year, not the ones that necessarily came out, I’d say The Reader, Schindler’s List, Big Fish, Stage Beauty, The Pianist- okay, it’s a long list. I saw a lot of good films this year courtesy Proiti M. And to be honest, The Ugly Truth would be up there on the favourite list too (must see for Man Whores).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a huge party (joint with Min) on the Outside Terrace. Turned eighteen.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Six months in Bali instead of ten days, friends like Min and Aditya joining DU.
34. What kept you sane?
My extreme level headedness of course.
37. Who was the worst new person you met?
Man Girl *cough*. She’s tied with Ape Boy though.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
When the going gets tough, curl up under the sheets and do not emerge until the end of the year.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.